Natural pesticide

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
This is a speech already held in a thread, I also took part at it, but now I don't manage to find it.
The question is simple, how to make natural pesticide that can help me and my family in our plot of land. I have read a recipe for a natural pesticide whose ingredients were olive oil, bicarbonate, soap for washing dishes and water. I'm looking for another in case this doesn't work. I remember that there was a recipe including hot sauce, if anyone can tell me please how to do it I would be very glad. This isn't important now, you can reply whenever you want because first I try with that I talked about before. Thank you and sorry for this repeat.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
How much land are you trying to cover and which pests are you trying to ward off? Is this meant to be a preventative measure, or are the bugs already present? I think you'll get better advice if we know a bit more about the situation. This is in Italy, correct?

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
Don't worry, I've already solved. I found some recipes to try. Anyway, you never know...
How much land are you trying to cover
I don't know exactly whether this can be defined as a lot of land or not, anyway we are talking about a land whose length is 60 meters and width is 30 meters, more or less.
which pests are you trying to ward off?
I don't have specific pests to worry about, but stink bugs may be a problem though.
Is this meant to be a preventative measure, or are the bugs already present?
To tell the thruth, I think I don't want to get ready for them, and this is the first year for me doing so. I must say that I want to act when the problem comes, then I use some natural pesticides and I see what happen.
This is in Italy, correct?
Sì, I'm italian.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Sì, I'm italian.
I'm cackling that you guys have stink bugs in Italy too. I guess some pests are universally disliked. I'm not an organic grower and I'm not necessarily against using commercial pesticides when the situation calls for it in order to save a person's livelihood. I try to plant varieties that are resistant to the most common bugs and diseases that hit my area, and I pay attention to their irrigation schedule. Those two things seem to make the most difference to me. Someone else here suggested that planting marigolds could deter pests. Even if they don't "work" as I've intended, they seem to lure the bees, so I'm still benefiting from having them here.

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
I guess some pests are universally disliked.
Yes, this is what I think too. Stink bugs are horrible.
I'm not necessarily against using commercial pesticides when the situation calls for it in order to save a person's livelihood.
I don't know exactly, but chemicals are bad for you and for your enviroment too. If I'm not mistaken nearly all the grocery stores of my country try to sell products made with them and the differences can be seen by far. Even the flavour is damaged in a certain sense.
Someone else here suggested that planting marigolds could deter pests.
This could be an important step ahead. Anyway, If you put it inside the beds of the crops (interplanting them with your plant) the outcome will be greater in my opinion.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
Stink bugs are everywhere! We have a horrible problem with them. We also have a lot of annoying beetles! I am always up for trying new natural treatments. So far I have not found any that work.

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
Stink bugs are everywhere! We have a horrible problem with them. We also have a lot of annoying beetles! I am always up for trying new natural treatments. So far I have not found any that work.
Maybe you can try mine:
-Take a bottle with normal water inside (this bottle must be that type with the spray)
-Add to the water a teaspoon of soup (that for washing plates),a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of baking soda
-Shake before using.
This is a recipe I found on youtube. I saw the guy using it splashing on the leaves. Unluckly, I couldn't test it, pests just disappeared here (they are a way less than before).