Need A New Window

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
Hey there.

So, I have a garage close to an area where I drive a lot and a rock got kicked up and cracked one of my windows. Single pane. Would you recommend plexiglass instead? Or just slow down more when I'm close to the garage?

Simple question, I know, but I'm on the fence with this one.

Amanda

Amanda

Farm Hand
Glass is the cheaper option of the two, and although plexiglass is shatter resistant, it will crack with enough force and it's more easily scratched up than glass. If it's fixable and you don't care what it looks like, I'd throw some duct-tape on there and call it a day. If it's not fixable, I'd replace it with more glass, simply because I think the force of the rock would've cracked plexiglass too.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
How long have you driven that way and not thrown a rock at the window? Probably years, right? If so, I'd go with the cheaper option which is replacing it with a glass pane. The rock incident was just a fluke.

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Plexiglass is awful to look at, scratches too easily. I'd use real glass, and then be careful as you're driving in and out! I'm sure it was just a fluke.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
I agree with the others. If this isn't a regular occurrence, I'd go with replacing the window with another glass pane. You might want to slow down in the future as well or try to keep rocks away from the garage if you can.