Never take for granted again?

MartyR

Farm Hand
I know that we haven't completely eradicated the virus, but it's safe enough that the COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions have changed. Public swimming pools are even opening up in some places this summer and some kids are back at school. Well, last night, I fired up the grill and my wife and I invited some friends over. It was nothing special, but it was still oddly satisfying. I'll never take for granted again the simple act of relaxing with friends. You?

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Exactly! I won't either. We have been doing little things here and there for a couple of months. We keep our circle small. It feels so good to be able to get out of the house.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
I agree 100%! I will never take for granted just a simple smile. Seeing people's faces again! Enjoy your dinners with your friends. We are having a cookout tomorrow with our neighbors.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
I got to see my grandmother today for the first time! It was wonderful not worrying about spreading the virus to her and making her ill. I'm so thankful that the vaccine is widely available and that people are choosing to get vaccinated.

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
Friendliness. I used to offer to take someone's buggy back if I saw them struggling with little kids or if they were elderly and it was a long walk. People used to smile and nod and hold doors open for one another. I live in a small rural community now and they're really pushing the vaccine. Most of us have had it, so we're slowly going back to normal.

ChickensAndCows

ChickensAndCows

Farm Hand
Friendliness. I used to offer to take someone's buggy back if I saw them struggling with little kids or if they were elderly and it was a long walk. People used to smile and nod and hold doors open for one another. I live in a small rural community now and they're really pushing the vaccine. Most of us have had it, so we're slowly going back to normal.
I'm happy to hear that a lot of people in your community are getting vaccinated. A lot of people in my area are not, so it's harder to get back to normal. I know I won't take good health and vaccines for granted again!