Combines New hydraulic pump but

Dan

Dean, Every other function now workingIJ Does header try to liftIJ Does motor seem to labor a bit when tring to liftIJ Maybe back away from head to see if feeder lifts without a load. If every thing else works and motor labors a bit when swinging unloader all the way out or in it could well be a metal fileing that come from failed pump and got into orfice on raise side of header lift valve. If feeder lifts at normal speed without a load on it I would bet on metal stuck in No.1 master valve. I would doubt very much any kind of a failure that would require valve replacement. Best of luck. Dan

t_leslie

make sure the poppets in the valve are clean, remove them an use alittle carb.. cleaner, also spay some in the valve, you may not ever see the dirt or metal shaving that is causing the problem... it is worth a try but you mech may be on the right track,,, if you want to save a buck try finding a salavage yard

tbran

go to "tips" to your left- click - go to upgrades - go to tip of the week - click on 8-8-99 header valve - look at item 30 ... I bet it is moving thus letting the seat move with the poppet. Repair by placing 71321101 on seat, replacing 70923845 o ring with 71367795 square cut o ring. If yours ain't broke it will be worth the experience anyway :)This is where most header leak downs occur.

dean

How is the easiest way to get them outIJ Mechanic worked on them but could not get them out. Thanks dean

tbran

my guys take a 1_4" sae bolt and make a puller by laying the bolt on a piece of metal and "ovaling " the threads by stirking them with a hammer one good blow. This now can be pushed or lightly tapped into the seat and turned in til the threads grab and one can now tune and wiggle the seat out. If you have the valve off it can also be pushed on from the other side to aid removal.