New on the site~~Hello

SHS Drew

Hi yall,

im new to this site & newly getting back into farming after 10 years of other things.

i have a dream to be running a spice farm specializing in exotic spices with my main goal being that i want to take a large chunk out of imports & bring spices local more to reduce overseas shipping due to the shipping industry being the worst form of pollution we are causing to this planet. us farmers take a huge impact by environmental pollution so we must fight back.

i am very early on & have a long way to go so i ask if anyone has knowledge, seeds, or other ways to share...im still in a credit restricted search for land & collecting seeds can be my strongest move at this time while i piddle away at my debt so i can move on my land goals.

feel free to ask any questions or offer any wisdom. DREW

Demeter

Demeter

Farm Hand
I just joined too. I checked out several forums, but everyone here seems super friendly and helpful, so I signed up for this one. I like your interest in fighting pollution. What made you want to get into exotic spices rather than another crop? Do you have a favorite kind or combo?

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Hi, welcome to the forum @SHS Drew! I will happily throw more money down on locally produced food. I hope it works out for you! Have you already come up with a signature spice blend?

listenming

Hi there,
I am new here too.
Where are you located and what spices are you looking at? I am originally from India where some spices grow like weeds!

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Hi yall,

im new to this site & newly getting back into farming after 10 years of other things.

i have a dream to be running a spice farm specializing in exotic spices with my main goal being that i want to take a large chunk out of imports & bring spices local more to reduce overseas shipping due to the shipping industry being the worst form of pollution we are causing to this planet. us farmers take a huge impact by environmental pollution so we must fight back.

i am very early on & have a long way to go so i ask if anyone has knowledge, seeds, or other ways to share...im still in a credit restricted search for land & collecting seeds can be my strongest move at this time while i piddle away at my debt so i can move on my land goals.

feel free to ask any questions or offer any wisdom. DREW
Hi Drew, welcome to Farmchat.

I have offered this advice to many other members, but I think your first place to get advice is to contact your cooperative extension. When I first started in farming, I got the most useful information from them. They offer lots of good info and they often offer courses for very reasonable fees.