Not enough pruning

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I went and looked at a field and realized that our vines weren't pruned enough. We are going to have our hands full come spring. If we don't prune them more, the leaves will be too shady and our grapes won't ripen enough!

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
Oh that stinks! What happened that made you not do this at the end of your season? Will it hurt the vines to prune in early spring? I would think you might stunt the regrowth?

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Is it fixable? I've never grown grapes or really much of anything that had a specific pruning timetable. I hope it works out for you!

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
Oh crud! I've got a friend who owns a vineyard. He had this problem once, he fell ill. It was okay in the end. He just made sure to prune them late winter/early spring.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
It happens to the best of us, OP. Sometimes we just get busy or the weather doesn't cooperate. You'll fix it when you can.
I've never grown grapes or really much of anything that had a specific pruning timetable. I hope it works out for you!
I just audibly gasped, because most shrubs, trees, and other plant life need pruned on a specific timetable. In other words, you've probably been really lucky at guessing correctly about when to prune them.