Overuse of equipment

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
We take great care of our machinery but we still have some issues. Our mechanic said our latest problem with our skid steer is because of overuse. I don't buy that, we do use it a lot but I wouldn't say we overuse it. Do you track machine hours? How do you make sure you aren't overusing your equipment?

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I think overuse is really only fixable if you have another piece of equipment that could also perform the job - thus you'd be better off to spread it out between the machines. Or if you were using your machinery at the wrong time or were allowing it to overheat instead of taking a break to allow it cool down. How does your mechanic suggest you solve the overuse problem?

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
We had that problem in the beginning (just starting out). We have since bought more machinery so we rotate it in and out. Are you logging your machine hours? I'm interested to hear what your mechanic said too.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
We are careful to track the time used of our equipment too. We do this with our maintenance schedule. Do you have two of the same piece that you overused? What is going on with the piece?