Combines Pacer monitor sensor pads

johnboy

those pads are also cheap too sando HA HA. if you get a couple of zipties and use them on each end to hold the pad to-gether you should have no more trouble. john

Ed

Just wondering if you think they actually register any grain loss.

T__langan

Supposedly, according to Einstein's Theory of Rotaries, the placement of the sensor pad around a rotor shouldn't make any difference due to the rotary implementing centrifical force to throw grain away from it's circumferance. But, history shows that Einstein was a much better mathematition than a combine designer - therefore, I agree with you - it is my belief that the sensor pad should be located below the grate area under the rotor discharge to detect any grain at that location. I just haven't taken the time to try and relocate yet. Question for the experts: everyone seems to have the same opinion about the performance of this grain loss sensor - should we be running our Pacers on the "shoe only" position, or shoe_rotor positionIJ

tbran

are you asking about the pad coming unglued and thus apart or simply not workingIJ My old R50 still has the OEM board in the processor. I have seen a few boards come apart. Usually due to heat deteriorating the foam. On trips to salvage yards we try to pick up a few. The old ones from the 1970's and 80's still work if intact. Most damage occurs to sensors on the shoe when people adjust the screens and FORGET TO lATCH THE DOOR BACK -AHMMMM - lbran. We relocate the board to the front discharge area on most units when we remember to do so. It is a simple task and gives a truer reading of loss. Just don't pinch the coated wires.

Sando

Thanks guys, I don't have any trouble with the things coming apart, they just stop working. I havn't had any trouble with the ones on the shoe, just on the cylinder. I agree with John, at the price they are we should be able to have heaps of spares.

Dan

I think we talked about this before but anyway if not. There were many R50's and other machines of that time period that had two wires turned around. We wires are turned around the cylinder loss will be registered when knob is turned to shoe. Best thing to do to check is to lightly tap on sensor board with knob turned to shoe and then again on cylinder. If you were tapping on cylinder board there should be way more deflection on gauge when turned to cylinder. I didn't trust cylinder loss sensers much before a few upgrades but now they are getting more accurate without as much MOG escaping cage. I moved a sensor pad to other side of wall like tbran suggested and I too find it to be more accurate or at least closer to in line with calibrations made for shoe. I think with upgrades and sensor moved to other side of wall the life will be greatly extended on pads for they won't be getting beat to an early death.