Combines Perfect Gleaners

john_keller

There is a filter relocation kit available from your Gleaner dealer. It eliminates the mess in the engine compartment. Also, on 500 series headers the space between the cutterbar and the auger was shortened by 3.5 inches for better feeding of short soybeans.

john_keller

If you could be more specific on the "grid" you want, I think we have something you can use.

bob

The grid on the right side of the combine has a wire grate that will allow a lot through without plugging. In weeds , the rest of the rotor plugs up to a degree. Iknow the grain screws through and cannot get out. Case-IH in the early 1480 s had a solid sheet under the bottom of the beater at the end of the rotor to flip the strow to the spreaders. I changed it out for a wire grate unit out of Canada and could see an improvement in less grain lost. Gleaner rotors need that second wire grate at the left end of the rotor to allow more of the grain to drop out rather than be tossed out with the straw. It might increase the trash over the shoe, but I would be interested in seeing what would happen. I now have the R62 and enjoy the job it does except in heavy green weeds. I do wheat in Oklahoma. I am a farmer. Sorry I'm late replying.

Jim

I hear you there Chris! I can can get to hate that sucker. Now that John Keller is paying attention to this page maybe things like this will get faster attention !