Combines piggyback shim or doublestack what s the advantageIJ

bb

Removeing the reverser bars cured my R40's rectal disfunction nicely. Don't know about helicals but old forward bars will help.

Dan

David, Piggyback and doublestack are essetially the same thing. Shimming by 1_4" is essentially the same also but you are raising helical by 1_4" instead of 3_8". When we started raising helicals we went with 1_4" iron and that was enough so we could do edible beans and so many other wet or hard to convey crops. We may of went with 3_8" shim kit if there was one or we had known of it. I don't know if you could tell the difference in the machine with one kit or the other installed. One other kit has been available since the early 80's and that is a chromed channel helical kit (bean kit). That kit is my favorite but is twice the money. That kit does work better for the super slow cylinder RPM with edible beans and will last better in the dirty straw conditions. Down side of chrome channel helicals is the price and rocks will chip off chrome. I don't know of any chromed flat helicals but I'm sure you could have it done. Sorry now you're back to three different ways to go again. Any of the three will work much better than what you have in the tough or hard to convey crops. Good day. Dan

tam

We have an R60, P3, with sunnybrook rotor and 2 reverse bars in seperator. last year we ran the double stacked 3_8" P1 heli kit, as all the ends where in a straight line parralell to the direction of travel of the material through the rotor, and splitting the cage in three places I guess we found some tight spots.