Power Unit Monitoring

berncrowley

I am looking for some affordable, simple technology that will give me proof of life when operating irrigation power units. Pretty sure I can't afford a full on control solution.

Basically, something that would message or notify me in some way when a murphy shuts down would be great. Seems simple enough, generates radio waves when the power unit is running, as soon as it shuts down, and the wave breaks, it sends a message to me.

Tonyq60

I am looking for some affordable, simple technology that will give me proof of life when operating irrigation power units. Pretty sure I can't afford a full on control solution.

Basically, something that would message or notify me in some way when a murphy shuts down would be great. Seems simple enough, generates radio waves when the power unit is running, as soon as it shuts down, and the wave breaks, it sends a message to me.
Easy with basic hardware.

If a pressure system then a pressure switch that activates at lower pressure than system.

So active when pressure present.

Connect to coil of a relay and use relay NC connection so when relay idle you get connection.

More detail...the C terminal on relay connects to control for pump

So if pump is running the C terminal is active but pressure switch activates relay not allowing C to connect to NC.

Pressure loss allows C to connect to NC which you then use to control whatever it is you will use to receive signal.

This is a positive action pressure monitor, simple parts.