Profitable Flowers

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I'm in the flower farming business (floriculture) and have been very busy gearing up for Valentine's Day. It's not all about roses though. Pots of amaryllis and bouquets of carnations and peonies also do well this time of year. What are the most profitable flowers in your area this season?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
Bulbs are the most profitable for me right now. I've sold more than a few jade plants in bloom too and those are highly profitable since they're easy to propagate. This year I'm going to try something different with my Valentine's Day bouquets. My plan is to force bloom some forsythia stems and add those as a backdrop to the bouquet's show-stopping flowers. The yellow tint is awfully cheery, and they smell wonderful too. I think they'll look lovely with peach, white, or pale pink roses.

Last edited:
Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
Lilies and daisies are very popular around here right now. Maybe it's because these flowers are so Spring and Summer-like. I think we all need a little pick-me-up during the winter months, and these flowers are very cheerful.