Combines R40

ksfarmer1

I'm not bashing them. We have a 24 ft header on a stock 52 and run 5 to 6 mph in 50-70 bushel wheat. Can't say as it "Rumbles", "Roars", or makes any other noises to say that it can't handle it. I just know that I wouldn't want to go any faster. We also have very little loss. I do know that the folks from the factory monitor this site (they referred to it and showed pictures from it in the seminar). If an idea from the field looks feasible, they will put it to the test they say. If you think the hyps work for you- more power to ya. I don't remember saying not to do it if you want. Go Gleaner- the best combines in the world!

ksfarmer1

I'm not bashing them. We have a 24 ft header on a stock 52 and run 5 to 6 mph in 50-70 bushel wheat. Can't say as it "Rumbles", "Roars", or makes any other noises to say that it can't handle it. I just know that I wouldn't want to go any faster. We also have very little loss. I do know that the folks from the factory monitor this site (they referred to it and showed pictures from it in the seminar). If an idea from the field looks feasible, they will put it to the test they say. If you think the hyps work for you- more power to ya. I don't remember saying not to do it if you want. Go Gleaner- the best combines in the world!

Dan

First of all I'm very happy that you and many other operators are very happy with there Gleaners that are bone stock factory. As time has went on Gleaner has incorporated some of the so called hyperizing. How new is your 52 and has it had the most basic improvement of feeder shocks installedIJ When this site was first set up we called some of these improvements modifications. John Keller didn't like that handle that was being tacked to this stuff for it reminded him of some old dark days gone by. So thanks to webmaster the topic of mods was dropped from this site and changed to upgrades. Well I don't know if upgrades exactly fits either for some of the so called upgrades deserve a much bigger title. All depends on what you want to call it but if we hadn't went ahead and moded, upgraded, or hyperized to some degree all of the machines around hear there would be alot more red, green, or yellow instead of mostly SIlVER. Main thing we had to do to old N's was to install helicals that would keep the tough straw moving, shimmed or stacked or channel helicals helped machines so much in tough going that I would call it nothing less than hyperizing. Top two sizes of R's with P3 rotors had to have cylinder bars extended closer to discharge for tough straw would hang up and pull down hole machine due to constipation. Along with extended bars the feeder shocks are a must and that would be the two most important things for them machines and they will improve machine so much in tough conditions that I would have to call them nothing less than hyperizing. The R40 and R52 that you have owned will not benifit as much as larger rotors for the problems are not as noticeable. Hard to say what your Gleaner teacher was talking about when he said crop loss went up when hyperized (what had he did to be able to call it hyperized and what did he do to try correct loss ect. ect.IJ) I'm sorry but I guess the word CRAP and the Gleaner rep knocking so called hyperizing struck a nerve. By the way the feeder shocks have been stock on the machines for many years now and extended cylinder bars for at least a couple and that goes for the small machines also so there tests must of showed benifitial. I don't know if we want to call them two things hyperizing because they are standard equipment these days. Another couple of things is that concaves and seperator grate now have hi wide wire configuation for corn and soybean machines which eliminate the need to remove every other wire to prevent plugging, (thats another thing or two off of hyperizing list). I see some very likly reasons why Gleaner sales are up substantially this past year when overall all color combine sales down substantially. By the way as good as the Gleaner is out of the box now there is still room for improvement. I'm never satisfied am I. Thanks to tbran and others we have the attention of the most high at AGCO Gleaner. We just want to take the Gleaner all the way. I believe Gleaner used to have the label All Crop on there machines years ago. I know that has been Gleaners objective for quite some time and they have been close but never as close as today when just a quick change of header and some setting to jump back and forth from a multitude of crops and do a very very fine job. Thanks and good day.