Combines R60 Upgrades

Dan

Irv, Yes the '89 R60 should have the P1 rotor setup. Hyper could speak better for the Hi-low bars but I'll try. All bars have same height rasp but every other seperator bar is set in 3_4" from original diameter. This was done for corn and soybeans to eliminate need for power robbing reverse bars. We have not any machines with that exact setup but we do have a guy with all forward seperator bars with every other shimmed out 1_4" and a single flat rasp bar fastened to belly of seperator side. He claims much less crop loss and higher threw put than ever before. He runs wheat, barley, and canola. He had bean helical kit installed a couple years before. We have many machines running with all forward bars but alternating heights may be one step better. Rasp bar in belly is looking very good for cutting cylinder loss without power consumption. Shimming out helicals by 1_4" or double stacking them or installing channel helical bean kit all help tremendously to keep material moving threw cage even when very tough wet conditions. Feeder drum shocks were mainly developed for the P3's for they had more of a feeding problem. The P1's have the same problem but not quite as severe for various reasons. The shocks will stabilize movement of floating tention drum to help prevent violent movements which sends slugs into rotor and stops the chain. We have made up and sent out some of these rear feed shock kits for your style feeder and I believe loewen is now making them and I'm unsure what they are priced at. We were getting $150 for rear feed shock kit. We have put together a kit with 1_4" helical shims,extra helicals for transition area,longer grade 8 helical bolts and irons for two additional discharge paddles for $850. Please keep that snow up there for about another month then let here come. Good luck in the rest of your harvest. Dan