Radish maturity times and how long can they be left in the ground

SSRCP

Hey everyone, I was hoping to ask if anyone knew about radish maturity times.

Recently I just got into growing radishes. Currently, I grow the white daikon, the mino early. Because of covid-19 I haven't been able to sell my product and the buyer that normally I sell to said they cant buy it until May 7th to May 10th.

Now, I'm rather new to radish farming. I know that my radishes have hit their maturity date. I'm wondering how long I can leave them in the ground before have to start worrying. Being that today is April 24th is it possible to leave them in the ground until that time, do I have to pull them out, and if I do is there a way that I could store them?

Like I said I'm rather new to radish farming, so anyone who has some information I would greatly appreciate

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Farm Hand
You shouldn't leave radishes in the ground very long after they mature. Doing so can actually harm them.

Cut off the radish's greens, put them into ziploc bags, and store them in the crisper drawer in your refrigerator. They should keep for several weeks in there.

SSRCP

Okay I'll definitely do that for some personal use.

What about for larger volumes? The issue I have is I have about 24,000 count/15T of crops.

Any suggestions?

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
I'm assuming you have the machinery to harvest that amount, so I would get with it right away. The sooner you get them out, the fresher they will be for selling and that's always a good thing.