Combines rear conveyer slipclutch

Kurt

We run a 30 foot 800 series flex head on our R72 and have had a lot of feeder house plugging. We have double the springs in the torque limitor clutch to help this out. It helps but not as much as getting the head to feed even, not in bunches. This year we ran beside a 2188 and with their wide throat they never ever plugged their feeder house. They sometimes had trouble keeping the grain in, but they didn't have to worry about getting it in like I do.

Tom

I mounted 6 reel sweeps on each side of my 25 head in a spiral pattern to clear the sickle. This might help your bean head problems. Some guys take them off when cutting improves but I leave mine on. They are available from parts. Tom Russell

Dan

Do you have your feed chain on fastIJ Do you have the rear drum stop in the grain rear positionIJ Do you have a rock door hump installed or a rock sump installed or is door left flat like standard equipmentIJ I would prefer hump or standard for best feeding. If you have rear feed stripper for corn installed you could get feeding problem in the beans. Do you have the third helical from gearbox extended over corner of feed openingIJ Do you have any reverse cylinder bars installed over concaveIJ Of course feed from head is important but ussually that will plug header auger or front feed. If all else checks out maybe the clutch should be disassembled to check for broken springs. Allthough them clutches are quite rock solid they can have brocken springs after numerous slips. Be sure concave or rock door aren't built up with mud. Good luck. Dan

Dan

Kurt, Do you have front drum stop in grain front positionIJ Did you have front feed corn strippers installedIJ Did feed plug only when the head had sent in a slugIJ Make sure filler inbetween head and feeder is slide back to fill in gap. Check under header auger rear stripper to the left and right of feeder opening to see that there is no exposed threads and nuts right in the way of the flow of straw. Check post from a month or so ago on feeders I think a little fine tuning in the feeder will eliminate the feeder induced slip clutch slipping. Keep in touch. Dan