Rent land

Mike SWMO

Acquired 9 acres of land a couple months ago. I want to rent it to the farmer next door who has Several farms in the local area.
I'm sure my best option is just go talk to him but was wanting to learn how farm land is rented out. By the acre, by the crop produced. I have no idea. General information greatly appreciated

Ken Sweet

Ken Sweet

Farm Hand
Acquired 9 acres of land a couple months ago. I want to rent it to the farmer next door who has Several farms in the local area.
I'm sure my best option is just go talk to him but was wanting to learn how farm land is rented out. By the acre, by the crop produced. I have no idea. General information greatly appreciated
150-250 per acre here in central Ky depending on how the land lays and soil type. Be sure to figure on reseeding after the lease is over if going into grain? Cattle running on pasture maybe $5 per head per month. Ken Sweet

Sam Oglesbee

It really depends on the location, the soil, etc.... YOu can talk with a farm management company to get an idea on rates from them, or there is a website (www.farmleasepro.com) that lets people list their land for free now too

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Is there also someone renting there land close by to you for better idea.
If renter going to grow crops ask if pesticides and fertillizer will be use accordingly,last thing you want to deal with contaminated water.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I believe land is rented out by the acre. I know that if you rent it out for crop farming, you can charge more than if you're renting it out for pasture. How much your land will yield as well as the land's condition will also determine how much you can charge for it.