Combines Return to cut

tbran

my mil is available at .25 per a. cheaper than a 98 Header Control SYSTEM :) but you got to feed her :-( and let her ride for rests :)-0..... anyway yup the return to cut uses a potentiometer to register the feeder house position. It remembers the height and returns to that when this option is engauged. There are feeler rods available on rigid heads and corn head to use the HCS on other heads besides the flex ones. Neat rig, works great, the lateral tilt seems to be now debugged and on those 25+' heads are a real asset on rolling ground and mud. Only thing is though you must turn on the system everytime you restart the combine... been out on 4 or 5 service calls - to push the button and turn the red light on..... had about twice that many calls and when I ask " did you turn it on againIJ" I hear " oh @n$$ and the phone clicks......

Sando

tbran, Is that HCS available as a retro fit. I largely got talked out of it when I bought this 97 62. I think I should have ignored the advice. Sando

tbran

one can order a field installed HCS...I have never retro 'd one personally but it is doable so I don't have a $ figure on conversion for combine and headers. list is a little over a grand for parts though......

tbran

slow down and be patient... be patient....one click is sufficient.. is sufficient.... it will post... it will post.