Combines Road Speed

Illinois_Gleaner

We have a 95 model and it runs about 23 on the road

tbran

'bout right - depend on tires and individual quirks we clock 'em at 22-28 mph.

tbran

Hmmmm. First I am envious because I assume you got the title Dear man from your wife. Warm Fuzzies aall over. Second I have seen and stepped in a lot of Deere's Do and usually find it just sitting there odiferously. Therefore I deduct Gleaners will run faster than deere's do. :)-) Have a nice day at any speed!

lbran

R62's hold land speed record going down hill with hydro belt broken and no brakes. 62 mph.

tbran

Might beg to differ. The man over at Waverly Hwy 13 who went down the "Big Hill" who clutched the F2 std drive to speed up, let the clutch out to slow down and then twisted the axel coupler..... sonic boom ensued. The combine finally went down into a creek through a few small trees and then down a 20' drop where it lodged between two BIG trees that broke the fall and kept it from crashing into a rock creek bed. Customer had it pulled out, actually straightend the corn head, and did about a thousand dollars work on combine and went back to field. His son kept came over for parts three times and ever time loudly griped about " Dad's gotta get rid of that thing" I finally called him aside and told him after a combine was wrecked it would have some problems. He said "oh its not the combine, it's great. It's just that when he went over the cliff and landed he found he had messed his pants. He couldn't open the door, he has claustrophobia (spIJ) , shucked his drawers, jumped about all over the cab trying to get out and tromped that sn$% all over everthing. Now ever time I get in the thing I 'toss the cookies'. Told him he messed it- he's gonna drive it or trade it off. My stomach won't take it no more!"

T__langan

tbran and lbran - I guess I'm gonna hafta make a point to travel down there sometime soon. You fellers have some of the craziest things happen in those parts. Makes the Norwegians around here look tame in comparison - and I have some real stories to tell about what I've seen! Just not combine related so I refrain from posting them here.... Maybe it's all that moonshine that you characters down there brew all the time - or is that a misconceptionIJIJ Heck, we all know what that smoke is comming from your shop out back is all about! :-0