Rotary cutter

Philking

What is the best (easiest) way for one person to hook up a bush hog to a tractor? ?

MC

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Easiest probably involves a quick hitch of some sort. Pat's makes a good one for cheap. Link below. Other than that, precision alignment of your 3 point hitch. But in all seriousness I'd recommend a quick hitch, it'll save your knuckles.

MoparSparko

MoparSparko

Farm Hand
It can be a real pain if it's 3 point hitch. I usually have a jack and a couple blocks to do the job alone. We also have a draw bar hitch bush hog that is real simple. Just a tongue and a hitch pin.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
I lower my throttle so the 3 point moves real slow and I try to get it right to where the link ends are touching. Then I use a 2x4 as my pry bar to nudge the bush hog around. Yeah they are all a PITA to change up.

ms&r

Farm Hand
Most tractors have one side of the 3pt is adjustable up and down, always center up with the top link and then hook up the opposite side of the adjustable lift arm first. Then check to see how close the lift arm is on that adjustable side, it may only need to be turned up or down, if it needs to go forward or back, a bar can sometimes be used in the tail wheel to just twist it one way or the other and aid in hook up. The main thing is to save your back and not hurt your self.