Combines rotor loss

lee

Steve i set concave zero, By setting rotor in nuetral, an tightening up till it clicks, against rub bars, Thsi has to be done with middle concave removed in off time of year, Then sett stop bolts so concaves clear rub bars by 1_4", RIght now im cutting droughty beans about knee high making 20 bu acre, with convaves set on,1_2, an doing good job of thresing even green pods , With lil or no splits, let me knwo if any of this helped you!

Forever_Red

Fox----- We did pull our rotor and did get it balanced, I can see at least 4 places where there are wts. welded to the shell of the rotor. You are correct, it is time consuming, comes out rather quickly but another story going back in. We don't grow wheat, just corn and beans. Did some soys yesterday and am rethinking my notched bars, something in my set-up is taking a lot hp. Maybe back to smooth bar or just runing the bare 2" angle.

M__Gorden

The purpose of using the cover plate kit is to thresh out tough pods. If you do not have tough pods, remove the cover plates. If you do have tough pods, set all of your vanes in the slow position. More often than not, rotor loss in beans is increased by too tight of chaffer or lower sieve setting. Set lower sieve to 1_2 inch or wider. If you are using a deep tooth corn chaffer, you will likely have difficulty getting a clean bean sample.

D

The notched seperator bars do take alot of power but when you put in a set of The Disrupters you then cut up the straw and as one customer put it, You relieve the constipation of the rotor. Call me any time at Estes Mfg. Co. 1-800-235-4461

Unit_2

chad88, So what is your questionIJ Why won't the farmer let you drive fasterIJ The only thing I would change on your combine is take out every other concave wire. Set the chaffer at about 5_8" to 3_4" and the sieve at about 3_8". Run the fan speed at 1050 to 1100. In that kind of corn with a six row head you should run 5.5 to 6 mph all day and do a perfect job. But then there are some farmers who still believe that a combine can not to a could job no matter what kind or how new, if it is driven faster than 4 mph. In that case, since it is his corn and he is paying you to cut it, do what he says, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Good luck! K.A.

JWK

When you get over the hills or out of sight......then speed up a little HA HA HA

c

Wether you believe me or not, worn rotor blocks when doing corn doesn't really have an affect on thrashing, especially when the corn is that dry. If you were in wheat or barley you would notice the bars getting worn. Happy harvesting.

Harvester

I've been very impressed with the R42 and R52 in corn, provided a couple things are done. These machines should have every other wire pulled_cut out of the separator grate in order to utilize the effectiveness of the reverse bars. 2 normally work well. The concave should be looked at too. The spacing, wire center to wire center, should be about 1 1_2". If it's narrower, every other wire can be pulled here as well, especially in corn. It sounds like you do some wheat too, which might be a possible problem at the concave. You might be able to use enough filler bars to compensate for the wider wire spacing, but I think what I'd do if you have to pull the wires out of the concave and want the flexibility to do wheat and corn, I'd pull them out of the rear concave section, and leave them installed in the front section. Should allow you to thresh the wheat well enough, while giving you much more separation capacity in corn. And if you need to put the wires back in the rear concave section for wheat, it is pretty easy to drop the concave wide open inside the machine by disconnecting the linkage. To your other point, yes, the R65_62 is a lot more forgiving than the R42_52, but with a bit of time, the R42 is an amazing machine, and you'll have more $$ in your pocket.