Combines Seperator cover kit

Dan

Kurt, We find the seperator grate can cause tough to convey straw to roll into a rope. We also find it will grind tender straw up and heavily load the shoe. The cover is made of the same size holes that the rest of the cage uses. The cover allow the material to smoothly flow accross grate area. I have heard of it being used in green Milo to get rid of cylinder losses. I have heard of it being used in grass seeds to prevent overgrinding. I use it in edible beans to prevent rolling the straw. I use it in canola to prevent overgrinding the straw. I use it in sunflowers to prevent over grinding the heads and stalks. We've put one in to cut cylinder losses in barley. We leave them in once installed. We have very little corn that yealds over 150 bu. and we don't take it very wet. We have most all dry land so our yealds arn't like some others. We have lots more covers installed for this year and I will surely post if I hear of a problem. I know hyper posted earlier on corn being ground up when a cover kit was installed. I guess that machine had some rev. bars and who knows what else so I'm unsure what was cracking the corn. The cover does close the gap between cylinder bars and cage so half height bars may of helped a bunch. Maybe there will be more feedback this winter from around the country from some who have tried the cover. I hope that cleared it up a bit. Dan