Combines Slow header lift and steering on 80 N6 gleaner

Dan

You must have a very loose connection between steering cylinder and spindles. Have someone crank the wheel back and forth while you carefully watch the tie rods on steering cylinder to pinpoint the looseness. The stud that holds the tie rod to frame and or the stud that holds other tie rod to spindle may be loose. There can not be any looseness if you want to go down the road straight. Check the anchor that is welded to frame for it may be breaking loose and may need some welding and a gusset added. Does the unload auger swing out quickly and or does the reel lift OKIJ Does it make any difference if you hold your steering over hard and then try lift the headerIJ You could square up feed chain slats but I doubt that has anything to do with the header problem. You can cure header problem by going to machine shop and buying some channel iron. 1.5"X.5" is best. Fasten it under auger a few inches ahead of stripper that is allready there. I shear off the 1_4" rivets and use them holes to fasten channel. Get some 5_16 self taping torques head bolts that are used near the feeder opening and use them to faster channel down. I start the channels a couple feet in from both sides and bring it up near where feeder opening is. Good luck. Dan

Art

try setting the lower stops on the lowest setting on both feed chain drums, it helped a lot here.Also check if your hydraulic pump "boost" solenoid is being activated. You are running only 800 psi if it isn't, 2500 if it is.