Slugs!

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
This is a horrible year for slugs and my flowers and vegetable gardens. They are all over the leaves and they are nasty. Anyone else have these? How do I get rid of them?

Ecohugger

Ecohugger

Farm Hand
It may be natural to have slugs here and there since they are attracted to moist places. You can use some plants that are natural slug repellent because of their scent. If that's not enough, maybe try building a barrier around your plants to keep them away.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
Which plants repel slugs? We have them too and I would love to deter them! We have them on some of our vines already (they like the greens).

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Get some jar caps or shallow dishes. Put some beer in them and put them in the garden. It attracts the slugs, they go in the dishes of beer and drown.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Here too! It's been super wet though! We tried the beer idea. I just hope the beer doesn't get rained out. It's been a really wet season so I figured we would get a lot of slugs.

Ecohugger

Ecohugger

Farm Hand
Which plants repel slugs?
Rosemary! Although you may find it therapeutic, slugs detest its fragrance for some reason. This plant is simple to use since all you have to do is mix it with water, and have it as a spray.

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
So you chop up the rosemary plant and add water? The slugs are still everywhere! It's been wet but not as bad the last week. I will have to try that.
For now I put out beer caps. I haven't had much luck with that yet.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
You could try sprinkling some diatomaceous earth around. It works great on all pests. Unfortunately, it could also harm the pollinators, so I try to limit contact by keeping it on the soil and away from the blooms.