Combines Specialty rotor or Gorden bars on 2166 IJ

Brodale

Put Gordon bars on our 1640 last year before soys but crop was so disasterous that we couldn't tell how they affected performance. No problem with cracking or anything else. Got them from Argis on 86 west of listowel. Cost was 106 each.

Farm_Kid2

Since you are running wheat, I think you should really consider the Gorden bars. They improve the threshing by keeping the crop from simply slipping in between the smaller factory bars. The cover plates are important also to increase the threshing. In fact, if I had to choose only one, I would probably buy a set of cover plates first and see how things go in your conditions and crops.

C

I have also done some asking about these bars, I am in the Woodstock,On area. The guys that are using them say they would not go without them.

mountainman

We have a set one year old out of a 2366 if you are interested. We are also from Ontario.

turbored

Converted Red, Why did you take the Gordon bars out after one seasonIJ

mountainman

We were running three 2366's, we installed Gordon bars in one to see what difference there was. The combine with Gordon bars running the same speed as the other two had a lot of rotor loss. We stopped and retarded the vanes over the concave and grates. The performance of all three now were near identical,with maybe a small advantage with the Gordon bars in tough straw. This was comparing new to new, all combines had 25 foot heads and airfoil chaffers. Good luck

M__Gorden

Since you saw some improvement, why would you take them out after you paid for themIJ If for no other reason, you should have left them in since they won't wear out for a good long while. Otherwise you should have taken me up on the 1 year money back guarantee before it expired. You didnt say which crops you used them in or how many bars you installed. I dont think I got the opportunity to have a talk with you about your conclusions. Marvin Gorden Phone 1-800-745-1680 (works from Canada too)

mountainman

Marvin we combined wheat,canola,barley,oats,white beans,soys,red clover seed and corn. We dealt combines the next year, the person buying didn`t want to pay extra for the Gordon bars so we took them out. It was our decision to try the product so why should we ask for our money back,if we still owned that combine they would probably still be in it. Thanks