Started new fields of grapes

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I've got some pretty exciting news. We are adding on to our "farm". We just bought some new fields (old vineyards that were left alone for too many years). They are a mess right now but we are in the planning phase. Plus we are getting our new trellis ordered and deciding which variety to plant. Very exciting times here!

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
The planning phase is what gets me through the cold winter. I saw that you're still considering which variety to plant, but have you decided on the type yet - red, green, purple? As you can probably tell, I'm not a grape grower, but I sure enjoy eating them.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
How exciting for sure! It sounds like you have a big job ahead of you. Are you going to have to rip the vines out that were there years ago? Sounds like they could be rotten?

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
Oh this sounds like a lot of hard work. Imagine what it will feel like once it's all up and growing! I hope you have help, especially if this is new and in addition to what you already have.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
How is the planning coming along? How early do you have to start planting if everything is new? I can't wait to hear all about it. I know so little about vineyards.

Charli

Farm Hand
That must be very exciting. How many other fields do you have? Do you have workers? I hope you are able to salvage some of the old vines so you're not starting from scratch.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
We have several fields and yes we have workers too. There is too much work to be done by just us. We have the new field all ready to go. We put up the new fencing last weekend.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
Oh this sounds like a lot of hard work. Imagine what it will feel like once it's all up and growing! I hope you have help, especially if this is new and in addition to what you already have.
You just spoke my mind! I think that there is a lot of work to be done in the beginning. Once the planning phase is over, it will be time to reap!