Starting a home greenhouse

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Have you given this a thought before as a way to extend the gardening season? I'd love to have a background greenhouse kit that provides a warm environment for plants to be grown all year. Where should I start?

greg

greg

Farm Hand
A greenhouse is a usual guarantee to year-round growth and crop production for the family. Any first-time greenhouse owner needs to do a lot of research and ascertain the climate, budget and intended usage, among many other factors.

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
A greenhouse would be perfect for growing plants year-round. I don't know much about them myself, but I've considered looking into it. I'd start out by learning everything you can so you can start to create a plan, including a budget for your greenhouse.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
A greenhouse would be perfect for growing plants year-round. I don't know much about them myself, but I've considered looking into it. I'd start out by learning everything you can so you can start to create a plan, including a budget for your greenhouse.
Starting can be tasking, but as you say, it starts by learning everything about this, then creating a plan and budget. I even realized that there are specific seasons in which you should start using one.

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Interesting! I would love to have a greenhouse. I live in the Northeast and our growing season is short. I will do some research too. How small can you start?