Staying safe while handling cattle.

FarmEnthusiast

FarmEnthusiast

Farm Hand
You may have worked hard around cows for a while, but you can still get hurt. Milking cows weigh between 1,500 and 1,800 pounds. It is necessary how to learn how to prevent accidents. From experience, I have learned to be mindful of their flight zone and blind spots. Cattle can't see directly behind them when they are looking straight ahead. Avoid approaching them from behind, as you are more likely to get kicked.

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
Those are all good points to consider, FarmEnthusiast. I've always been amazed by how much a cow weighs. They look so tiny from the road when I'm driving out to them.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
You may have worked hard around cows for a while, but you can still get hurt. Milking cows weigh between 1,500 and 1,800 pounds. It is necessary how to learn how to prevent accidents. From experience, I have learned to be mindful of their flight zone and blind spots. Cattle can't see directly behind them when they are looking straight ahead. Avoid approaching them from behind, as you are more likely to get kicked.
Very good points, and that's not even mentioning bulls!!!

greg

greg

Farm Hand
Very good points, and that's not even mentioning bulls!!!
Bulls are far much worse since they account for numerous farm-related injuries. You have to avoid loud noises and quick movements when around them. Did you know that cattle have sensitive hearing and can detect sounds that human ears cannot hear?