Combines STS 9750 Specs

N6jockey

Is it just me, or does it look like JD took the twin rotor system out of a New Holland TR70 and stuck it behind a conventional cylinder setupIJ

T__langan

Well, you may NOT be into combine drag racing, although that is just one MORE area where Deere would be embarrassed by a Gleaner, but it DOES sound like you are into combine demolition derbys since you claim the plastic side panels are so resistent to "dents"! As we all know, grain and corn fields are getting more and more crowded and fender benders will become much more common and plastic will reduce combine body shop bills a whole heap!! I bet the air even slides over them better, reducing drag - Oh, Deere can't get speed up enough to create drag, silly me! Besides, since a single Gleaner will do the work of a whole herd of Deeres, running into one another is a not a problem with us. I also thought by now Deere would have engineered a combine that doesn't need the "I ain't got balls enuff to unload on-the-go" power increase. Perhaps even with the plastic panels, they are still too heavy and use too much power to pull their own weight around. Maybe the next edition of Deere combines will have tissue paper side panels and plastic frames. Did they go back to a real throttle yet, or is it still "idle" and "full bore"IJ Has the air conditioner got a thermostat yet or is it still "cook yer butt" or "freeze yer arse"IJ Have they eliminated the power shaft through the grain binIJ Or have they added a steering control shaft, throttle cable, hydraulic lines, and_or a return elevator through the bin too since the power shaft has been such a big hit with you Deere fellersIJ Will dealers still have to set the new Deeres on their bellies on trucks to get them under the overpassesIJ Will my neighbor still have to dismantle his bin fill auger to get his new Deere in his shedIJ Is it true that Deere done away with the cheap knock-off of the Gleaner cleaning fan they call the "Quadra-Flow" and went back to the 1800's style threshing machine fanIJ Is it true that Deere bought an Axial Flow and reverse engineered it to learn how to build a rotaryIJ You should also be careful in referring to an "accelerator roll" as this is a patent owned by Gleaner. What you are talking about is simply a beater - at least that's what the rest of the world calls them. Perhaps it was just a rumor, but I heard the rotaries will be equipped with 325 hp two cylinder putt-putt motors with 50 gallon barrel sized pistons since four and six cylinder engines just don't cut it. TrueIJ Hey Bubba, if you wanted a battle of wits, you came to the right place. This is the largest collection of fartsmellers, er, smart fellers that I've EVER been involved in! :) Tom langan

t_leslie

maybe deere went to plastic "sheet metal" because they are tired of the comptition hitting golf balls at them at sale training schoolsIJ One of there competitors really messed up an 8400 tractor at a training school

dslman

It doesn't matter fella's. It still looks like a "jolly green giant."

darryl

Gleaners are the only combines that need to go 24 mph, because they make more trips back to the shop for repairs than any other make.

silverturnedgreen

Touche, Daryll!!! After having been "blessed" with an N6, I can relate to your comment concerning trips to the shop. I switched to "green" several years ago (with NO regrets),but still own my N6 and run it in corn only! (I'll have to keep this machine for another few years to get my money back out of it, since no competitive equipment dealer even wants it on a trade)! AlTHOUGH, I am impressed with the C62; - a well built, high capacity conventional...

deere1

At least deere can afford to put color into their combines instead of using Galvinized steel..

Mean_Glean

In case you haven't noticed the Gleaners no longer use galvanized, truely a real farmer should have known......