Test Your Water Periodically

Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Farm Hand
During the winter months, a lot of farmers have down time they use to mend fences, do upkeep on their structures, take inventory of what they have, etc.... So don't forget that this is also a good time to test your water for contaminants. Most local extension offices do this as well as other options.

I try to do mine once a year just for the peace of mind.

When was the last time you tested yours?

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
It has been a while, but sometime back, I used to do this twice a year. Should we first check what contaminants could be in the water considering that this varies from place to place?

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
We have our water tested every year. We use a water softener in the house. It's important to get the water tested to be sure we are using the right salt, etc. for our water issues.

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
What a great reminder. It has been a few years since I had ours tested last. I'm going to make a note to get that done soon. It really is a good idea to do it every year.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
To be honest, it has been several yeas since I had our water tested last. I am going to get this done by the Spring. It's just not something I usually think about among all the other chores I need to tend to on the farm.