The triple challenge

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
The global population could reach 10 billion by 2050. Will the food system have the capacity to provide nutritious and safe food to this growing population? Again, how can we address the three challenges that are feeding this population, providing a livelihood for farmers, and protecting the environment?

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
That is a great question! What are your thoughts on this. I can see it being a problem for sure. More and more farmers are going under so who will be able to solve this problem.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
I think that the biggest challenge to farmers is how to produce enough food for the growing population while at the same time utilizing technology and new farming methods. Charli1, what would you say is the main reason for some people quitting farming?

jack

jack

Farm Hand
I think that the biggest challenge to farmers is how to produce enough food for the growing population while at the same time utilizing technology and new farming methods. Charli1, what would you say is the main reason for some people quitting farming?
Farming isn't easy, and farmers walk away for various reasons. If anything doesn't make economic sense, then it becomes necessary to try another venture. I would single this out as the most common cause of quitting!