Tiny Red Bugs On Paper

Vassar

What are these red bugs on windowsills, and how do I get rid of them? They look like tiny red bugs on paper. When you squish them, they leave little red stains everywhere. They're a nuisance and I'm not sure how to get rid of them.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Are the bugs clover mites? How you get rid of them depends on whether you have pets or young children in the home. First, I'd try to determine how they're getting into the house. Did you bring in a plant from outside? Is there a crack in the window pane that they're getting in through? Take care of that problem, then vacuum up the pests. You can sprinkle some diatomaceous earth around the area to help keep them out. If you don't have pets or young children around you could use borax as a deterrent. Good luck!

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
I understand your frustration. I'm currently combating stink bugs and it's no fun. They're somehow getting in, even though we have double pained windows. I guess they're trying to escape the cold. I've been using double-sided tape to trap them. I dispose of them every morning and each day I'm finding fewer and fewer stink bugs. Maybe that method will work for you too. This coming weekend I plan to caulk around our windows which should also help.