Combines Tips on 7720 operation

The_Red

Well on a 6620 with a 915 grain table, we couldn't go much faster than 2 1_2 mph in record 80 bpa red wheat in east central Indiana last summer. I would think the 7720 with the 24 would be about the same speed. It keeps you out of the house so the wife cannot give you a honeydo list. :)

drylander

Good luck with the 7720, they are a good reliable machine. In 70 bushel wheat motion sickness sure isn't going to be a problem.

beet

i think it depends a lot on the straw intake if you are just clipping the heads you can put the stick to it.It' s when you start trying to cut straw for baling it sure takes the miles per hour out of you deere has a good combine ,but their walker loss is a proplem known world wide .we run a 9500 on wheat with a 20 foot head on 60 to 80 bu. wheat at any where from 2 to 6.5 mile pew hour depending mostly on the straw and what the customer wants . hope this helps

95man

How does the 7720 handle in greener cropsIJ Have you ever had trouble with green stems wrapping around the grain conveyor augersIJ

95man

How much did you pay for the 1983 7720IJ Did you trade in on itIJ Just wandering.

wheat_whacker

95, I can't remember if it has 1200 or 1500 hrs, but we bought it at farm sale in west Texas for 19,200. It cost $750 to get it hauled home.. There was a '93 9500 right next to it with 417 sep hrs that brought 47,200. That was probably the one to buy , but my pockets aren't that deep. WW