Trump-supporters stormed Capitol

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
They are literally attempting to throw a violent coup. I can't believe it! I hope your family members are okay. I have a son-in-law who works for a lobbying firm and he's at work today in D.C. We haven't been able to reach him. If you have family in the area, let them know to stay inside. Tell them to block their doors and get away from windows. It might be best to keep kids off TV and the internet. It's scary right now. It reminds me of 911. It's that bad!

Last edited:
Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
Oh no, I just saw an update that the woman didn't make it. That is so awful. I hate this happened. It's just senseless. I hope your son-in-law is okay, Digger!

Last edited:
Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I hope your son-in-law is safe and that you have heard from him.
I'm not discussing politics, but I will say that I do believe that this is also Antifa. Just like in all the BLM riots, Antifa was a big part of that.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I have TRIED not to comment on politics, but this is TOO much!!!! This is what happens when a self centered, narcissist is in power and his party refuses to condemn him. Antifa had NOTHING to do with this. This is TRUMP, pure and simple. This is a dark day in American history, but it should come as no surprise to anyone.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I hope your son-in-law is safe and that you have heard from him.
I'm not discussing politics, but I will say that I do believe that this is also Antifa. Just like in all the BLM riots, Antifa was a big part of that.
You should be able to prove that though. It's not like they didn't take loads of selfies and post them all over the internet as they waved massive weapons and stormed the Capitol. You should be able to point out the Antifa supporters in those images. Use Google reverse image search. Otherwise, we at least know Trump-supporters were part of it because they admitted to such. I'd like proof that Antifa was equally involved before we start throwing that around.

I don't know, I think if it was Antifa, they'd be dead because the police and the Secret Service would've opened fire and killed many of them. You know like what we saw with the BLM protests. Big difference, eh?

I have family there. I'm scared for them. I've heard they're all okay, but what about tomorrow and the next day? It's so surreal that this has happened.

Last edited:
Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I'm sorry for creating a controversial thread. I was just worried and wanted to warn everyone else. I think it's important that we keep this community kind. Thankfully, we found out that my son-in-law is okay. He'll have to stay in the office tonight because D.C. has a curfew. He's alive though, and that's what matters. I'm sorry for the woman who didn't make it. My heart aches for them.
This is TRUMP, pure and simple.
I have to disagree...sort of. No leader in the US could incite people to this level of violence unless the people were hankering to do it and had been for years. Those folks weren't brainwashed. They weren't afraid for their lives. We aren't in North Korea where rejecting the leader means your whole family dies. No, those terrorists acted on their own accord. Trump just gave them permission to admit they wanted to do it and to carry it out.

@Desi, The leader of QAnon was there. Like he's one of the people who broke in with his weapon drawn. He's not a member of Antifa. Well, I guess he could be some sort of undercover operative. Wouldn't that be interesting? Would make a good TV show.

jjp8182

Farm Hand
It's also interesting to consider how many people believe another person's affiliations can be judged by appearances.

Granted signs and other admissions/declarations may help, but at the same time that doesn't always make it true. For example any one of us could declare ourselves to be three-horned unicorn-eating space creatures, but that wouldn't necessarily mean it's true. ....and as poor of a job as most media sources seem to do (have seen more than a few who couldn't even copy & paste a press release without editorializing it into incomprehensible fiction) it's really hard to know what/who to believe. Especially when all of media publishers essentially profit from peddling information based on human misery, misfortune, chaos and affiliation loyalties.

The latter of which is a big part of why the first I heard of this yesterday was from seeing this post - so thank you for that.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I think Jimmy Kimmel summed up the Trump supporters best...

"These people are not Americans. There is no we the people, there is me the people and that's it. The wildest part is these MAGA marchers think Donald Trump cares about them. He doesn't care about you. He doesn't care about your wife, or your job or your healthcare, or the air you breathe, the water you drink. He cares about himself. And only about himself. Unless you were pushing a lawnmower, he wouldn't let you into his golf club. He'd roll his limo right over you to get a Chick-Fil-A sandwich."