Try to grow grapes for wine-making?

Minty

Minty

Farm Hand
I wonder if anyone here has tried to grow some grapes for the purpose of making wine. Seems fascinating to have some homemade wine. Currently gathering information online bit by bit on yeast-making and such.

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
I've never tried it, but I do see some small vineyards in the county where I live. They are really nice to look at when the sunrise hits them and the morning dew is still on them.

jjp8182

Farm Hand
When growing up, my parents harvest some grapes that my grandfather hand plated which had essentially gone wild in order to make homemade wine.. .... interesting experience helping to do that. Beyond the growing and wine-making part it may also be worth checking your state and local regulations as the county where I currently live there's legal regulations/implications for making homemade wine since it's in one of the few remaining dry counties in the US.

Skyline

Skyline

Farm Hand
It seems interesting indeed. I don’t know much about wine but I do see more and more people talking about homemade alcohol. But you have to have good environmental conditions. I don’t know where you live so I can’t tell much but environment is very important.