U-pick operation going strong!

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
We had to shutter our U-pick operation last season due to the pandemic. I was afraid that our U-pick business might be over. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. We've had more customers come out this season than ever before. I worried about our future on here, so I wanted to share that it's still a success. We're limiting the number of customers that can go into the fields at one time, so we are still taking some precautions. We also ask that pickers wear a mask, and we haven't been met with any fuss over that. We've been lucky so far.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I remember that. You were thinking about pivoting. I'm so glad that things worked out for you guys! Business picked up here too. I think the vaccine played a big role in that.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
That's great news, @OhSusanna! How fantastic that people are coming out to pick fresh produce from your berry farm. I'm not surprised. I think most people are just ready to move on.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Thank you all for the kind words!
I remember that. You were thinking about pivoting.
I'm so glad that we didn't start delivering homemade meals. It seemed like a good, easy choice to pivot to at the time, but I'm thankful we waited to see how this season would go first. Something just didn't feel right about my other idea.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
That's great news! I went to a strawberry u-pick about a month ago. We are going to a cherry u-pick later this week. This will be our first time there. I'm glad you have had success.

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
Yeah! That is great news. We are in the process of starting an apple u-pick farm. We have several nice trees, a lot of different varieties. I need to do some more research though. Kudos to you for your success.