Unusual "Bog Disc" Please Help Identify

jensenfarmimg

We have a "bog disc" that we are restoring. We recently started doing some research and have not been able to find any information on it. We always thought it was a "bog disc", but are now unsure. Does anyone know what this is? Can anyone identify it or give us any information? Our biggest desire is trying to find out more information on our treasure and hopefully find replacement blades as some are damaged. Please help. Thank you!

IMG_0485[1].JPG IMG_0486[1].JPG

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
That doesn't look quite like a bog disc. They typically aren't rectangular in shape. Could you get closer with the camera so we could look closer at the innards of that thing? Looks more like a sled you wouldn't want to sit on.

If I were you I would sand it down really good while looking for some identifiers. Names, numbers.....anything that can help identify it. I would take the time to do it because you could very well have an antique on your hands.

Good luck!

jensenfarmimg

We found markings that say....Roller Harrow Manufacturing Company Duluth, MN! Not sure why we never saw it before.

Last edited:

jensenfarmimg

There's a couple patent names listed as well!

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
We found markings that say....Roller Harrow Manufacturing Company Duluth, MN! Not sure why we never saw it before.

A quick Google search of that name yielded no results. My guess is that it, whatever IT is, is around 80 years old and was manufactured by that name, but then sold out to someone else.