Uptick in charitable requests

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
What's the industry standard when it comes to fulfilling charitable requests? I usually donate some wreaths and other Christmas plants to the local schools each year, which they use for decoration and for their school play. However, this year I'm swimming in requests from churches and hospitals as well. Is it standard to donate to these groups too?

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Wow, that's great that you donate. Are these things that you grow at your farm? I would say that how much you donate depends on what you can or are willing to.

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
We have also been asked by a lot of local organizations for donations. I'm not sure why they think we had a bang up year but we try to donate as much as we can.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Most hospitals are private companies raking in the profits. They usually pay for regular interiorscaping, so no way would I give them something free in that instance. It could hurt the business that has a contract with them. Churches take up tithes. I wouldn't donate to one of them either, unless it was for a charity drive of some sort. For-profit entities shouldn't ask for your donation in my opinion.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
@ Petal - the hospitals in our area that asked for donations from our farm are all Not-for-profit hospitals. They take any patient with or without insurance. They always are looking for donations.