Vitamix FoodCycler

Emergency Cake

Emergency Cake

Farm Hand
What do you guys think about the Vitamix Foodcycler? Does anyone here have one? From the product description it kind of sounds like a garbage disposal and compost bin rolled into one. I saw a demo at Home Depot today and it looked pretty nifty. I don't think I'd spring for one though.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
It advertises that it will chop up small bones as well, but I'm not sure that I'd want to add those to my garden. I'm afraid it would attract varmints. Then again, some people do add bone meal regularly, so maybe it's fine.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I don't know that I would add bones to it either. You could use it and just not put in the carcasses. I'm going to have to do some research now.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
That does look like a great tool to have. It looks like it makes composting so much easier. I agree though that I probably wouldn't use it for chicken bones or any other bone.

Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Farm Hand
What would the blades have to be made of to chop up bones and still last long? It seems like something that hard would dull the blades rather quickly.