What are the options for retiring an older tractor?

Mor15

I have a circa 1984 Mitsubishi 250D tractor. It has several serious mechanical problems, including transmission and clutch. Local miracle providers are reluctant to commit to surgery. What are some options for the retirement of this tractor?

Highlandcross

I have a circa 1984 Mitsubishi 250D tractor. It has several serious mechanical problems, including transmission and clutch. Local miracle providers are reluctant to commit to surgery. What are some options for the retirement of this tractor?
If it's problems are sever enough that your local mechanic doesn't want to touch and you don't want to do it yourself then I would look into selling it as a parts tractor. Sell off as much as you can, then haul the rest off to scrap. Just my two cents worth.

ch1ch2

ch1ch2

Farm Hand
Several salvage yards out there.
They will come and pick it up.

MoparSparko

MoparSparko

Farm Hand
I guess it depends on what you mean by retiring it. Putting new tires on it? Get it? Re-tiring it. HaHa, yeah pretty lame, I know.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
Find somebody else who owns a Mitsubishi 250D and see if they want a parts donor. Those aren't likely to be classics anytime soon I'm sorry to say.

kneedeep

kneedeep

Farm Hand
Drain the fluids out and take it to local scrap yard. It should be worth $50.

Rickinohio

Farm Hand
I would sell it as is your just going to put money in it you can't get back.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Agree with parting it before it nickel and dimes you.

Toymaker

Farm Hand
Craigslist

Donate (alot of these car donation sites will take it - give you a blank receipt to fill out the value and sell via a salvage auction)

Possible to give it to a local trade school/high school? Give some kid the chance to waste a school year rebuilding it...

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
It doesn't cost anything to list it on Craig's List to see if anyone will bite - just decide how much you want for it, add $25 for those who want to "talk you down" and see what happens.

If nothing comes of that, the other suggestions above are all good ones.

Just make sure you don't run into the problems an Escondido man had with his old tractors

1583092210950.png