What can't you grow?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
Almost every gardener, farmer, and homesteader has one or two crops that they just can't grow, not matter what they try. For me it's eggplant. I've tried different cultivars but I've yet to produce a single fruit. I buy a packet of seeds every year, because I just know that this is the year that they're gonna make it.

What can't you grow?

Harmony

Harmony

Farm Hand
I try to grow artichokes, but I have had no success with growing them so far. They don't do the best in humidity. It isn't very humid here in Colorado, so I thought they'd thrive here. I'm not sure why I'm having such a problem getting them going here.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I've tried to grow celery several times with no success. I've given up trying for now. I know celery needs a lot of moisture, and I try to remember to water it consistently, but I'm not always great about it. Even when I do make a real effort to water it consistently, it just doesn't seem to want to grow for me.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
You know, I've never tried growing celery. Just never thought of it before. I think I'll give it a go this coming season, even though I'm not the best at remembering to water consistently either, @Chickadee.

@Harmony maybe it's too cold for that particular variety of artichoke. Some folks grow artichokes as an annual in my neck of the woods, but I never saw the point. It grows as a perennial in warmer climates, so I'd feel cheated watching it die after one season, as silly as it sounds. If you decide to go for it, try the Imperial Star since it sets fruit in one season.