Combines WHAT DO YOU THINKIJ

DannyBoy

Heard this from a farmer that ran Gleaners for years. They have run a couple CaseIH are currently running Deere. Here's what he said about the three brands. He'd like a combine with the Capacity of the Gleaner, Simplicity of the CaseIH, and the reliability of the Deere. I always figured that's a pretty honest summary.

rhyno

Peanut, it seems you are sincere about giving an unbiased opinion. If you are going to be running a sts could you let me know how it compares to a R62, which is what I run right now. Was also wondering what gleaner you ran, and what problems it gave. Thanks

silverturnedgreen

Before I dealt my N6, my local dealers provided a side-by-side comparison between an R62 (stock) and a 9650 STS (the smaller of the two green rotaries). I found the two machines VERY EVENlY MATCHED in corn, but preferred the STS in beans. The fewer moving parts and lower price tag of the Gleaner kinda stuck out in my mind, though. I ended up ordering a C62; - the machine I ORIGINAllY intended on purchasing!

silverturnedgreen

Actually it's still "silverturnedgreen"! I once owned all Gleaner; - now I own one Deere and one Gleaner. I can't quite come to grips with owning all green just yet!

The_Red

If you do go all green, make sure to get a prescription of Gleaner patches to stick on your shoulder. You will want the three strength type so that you don't have withdrawal symptons. :)

silverturnedgreen

Thanks for the advise, but I think I'll keep a silver seeder around my place for a while. After all, I have to maintain my technical and mechanical apptitude somehow. Besides, AGCO gave me a choice of colour, MASSEY RED or GlEANER SIlVER; - Deere never gave me a choice like this! :)

The_Red

When I was running beans in the 6620 last Saturday, there was a Massey in the field north of me. I was running around 3.2 mph and he was running considerably slower which surprised me.