What is your corn?

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I've noticed that when you travel in other states and you order corn on the cob, it's different. Here we call it sugar corn. It's bicolor and so delicious! I've been places where the corn is all white.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
The most common corn on the cob here comes from a variety of sweet corn. I'm not sure about the specific variety though. I think it differs from establishment to establishment.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Here in upstate New York, we either have feed corn, for animal feed, or sweet corn for human consumption. There are tons of varieties of both. Sweet corn can be yellow, white or bi-colored.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
We have sweet corn here too (as well as field corn for animals). I went to Georgia once and went to a local fruit stand and the corn was white. It wasn't sweet either, it was horrible!

Guntar

The corn I grow here in CA, is green chopped for dairy feed. All dairy feed corn, that I seen, the kernels are yellow and being green chopped around 110 days, about 15 days before full maturity, that's when it has the best feed quality for cows.

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
Yes, field corn is everywhere. Most edible corn I see is grown on a patch of someone's backyard. I have no idea what kind it is, but corn on the cob has always been my favorite side dish