Combines When s the next new Gleaner coming outIJ

T__langan

Actually, there are quite a few differences between the first Series II Gleaners and the current models other than the paint. It seems every year there are improvements made. The elevators now are run from the top rather than the bottom, HP has been increased, shoes are longer, differences in the feederhouses, header height controls are different, different cylinder bars, different concaves, and there might have even been a slight change in the cages but I'm not positive. I look for a new series in a year or two - with a new cab again. Heard some scuttlebutt from a sales engineer about this last summer. I believe the GlEANER guys spend their time thinking of actual improvements rather than designing new decals with new model numbers on them. Remember, a pile of crap by any other name is still a pile of crap!! Tom langan

John

Thanks Tom. I knew about some of those but didn't consider them quite as big a deal maybe, but I guess they are. Now that I think about it, maybe they should have changed the numbers when they went to paint. Now if I see a used R72 for sale I'll be thinking; plain or paintedIJ Gleaner is still the best though.

tbran

Being perfectly honest, there are lots of goodiesjust around the corner but.....$$$$$$$ .... It takes BIG bucks to come out with a model change, if it is a change in iron and not decals.. Deere's figures of the market off 15-20% are WRONG! Try 3X that! Gleaner is only building to retail - finish specs on machines basically built and selling out of field inventory. look for the new series when the mkt picks up.Any new model run either means discounting the old or big buck increase in the new ones so yous will buy the old ones.... a price increase increase is something only Deere can get their customers to buy so ............ be patient please and write yo' congresspersons, Can. or Wash. - get rid of the grain!!!!!!