Who honors their warranties?

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I keep finding tools and other equipment that claims to have a lifetime warranty. But I know I used to buy Craftsman tools and their warranty turned out to be fairly limited once Sears started going under. So, which tool and equipment makers are known for honoring their warranties right now?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
The worst experience I had with a warranty not being honored was with a Honda lawn mower. We use a walk behind mower to do the trim around our house, which is a lot of mowing. We got tired of mowers only lasting a few seasons, so we bit the bullet and got a Honda walk behind, self-propelled rotary mower. It was much more expensive than most, but it was supposed to be the best with an excellent warranty. After just a few uses, the recoil on the starter cord broke. We brought it back to Lowes where we got it, and the manager said that he'd have to send it back to Honda. He called Honda, right in front of us, and they said that the recoil was not on warranty!!! We couldn't believe it, and neither could the manager. The warranty was good unless they said it wasn't. I will NEVER buy another Honda product.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
As far as tools goes, Home Depot is great about honoring their warranty on their Husky line.
The warranty was good unless they said it wasn't. I will NEVER buy another Honda product.
Did they say why? That's lame of Honda either way. I always thought their extensive warranty helped justify their high prices. I'll think twice before going all in on a Honda in the future.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
As far as tools goes, Home Depot is great about honoring their warranty on their Husky line.

Did they say why? That's lame of Honda either way. I always thought their extensive warranty helped justify their high prices. I'll think twice before going all in on a Honda in the future.
They said the recoil wasn't part of the warranty. That's absurd, they're supposed to have the best warranty, but it's just not true.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
The worst experience I had with a warranty not being honored was with a Honda lawn mower. We use a walk behind mower to do the trim around our house, which is a lot of mowing. We got tired of mowers only lasting a few seasons, so we bit the bullet and got a Honda walk behind, self-propelled rotary mower. It was much more expensive than most, but it was supposed to be the best with an excellent warranty. After just a few uses, the recoil on the starter cord broke. We brought it back to Lowes where we got it, and the manager said that he'd have to send it back to Honda. He called Honda, right in front of us, and they said that the recoil was not on warranty!!! We couldn't believe it, and neither could the manager. The warranty was good unless they said it wasn't. I will NEVER buy another Honda product.
I cannot imagine how you must have felt knowing that the recoil wasn't replaceable. Shockingly, this situation was beyond the manager, who believed that the item was under warranty! Did you eventually sell the mower?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I did sell it. I put it in an auction and I put a note on it that the recoil was broken, but the mower had only been used a few times. I knew that someone who could replace the recoil themselves would want it.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
John Deere is good about seeing to their warranties. On the flip side, they're pretty bad about locking things up so you can only go to them when something breaks.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
Wait what? Craftsman isn't covered for a lifetime anymore? Lowe's sells the brand now. I know it was always hand tools and not power tools. I think Mac warranties for the life of the buyer too.

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
Wow Rich! I've never had any issues with any of our Honda products or warranties.
Last I checked Craftsman still did honor the lifetime warranty. Lowe's will replace them, just like Sears did. I do miss my local Sears store.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
I just returned some Craftsman tools Wednesday at Lowe's. I wasn't sure if they would take them because I bought them at Sears years ago. They are still my first choice.