Combines Who makes a retro kit for the full fingered augerIJ

lucky_luke

Swede-I was not aware that someboby made a after market finger auger till I read this.I would be insterested in that name and number also if you find it . lucky luke

swede

Since I posted,I talked to a neighbor who changed over his own 900 series platform auger.He had done so under the guidance from the man in eastern Iowa.He has the shopping list of parts,supposedly around $800.Don't know for sure if a 200 platform can be converted with shelf-parts,might depend on the size of the hex shaft inside.Need to do some more checking.Much cheaper than buying a whole new auger,and I hear everyone rave about how much better the combine runs with a more even feed.

lucky_luke

Swede...Sure would like the name and number of this guy so I could check it out.Sounds like a good deal to get the header to feed better.Any help would be appreciated. lucky luke

swede

luke,I found out from my dealer today that a 200 platform can't be retro'd,too many differences,only a 900.Of course,you can buy a whole new auger for either,but the cost of that makes it less inviting.What I am saying is that unless you have a 900 series,there is no need to go further.If you do have one,I will try to find out the guy's name and number.Neighbor told me that the guy started doing this for a dealer that had ordered some new heads without the full "treatment",and they had to try and scramble a way to not throw away brand new augers.I don't know if he is still doing it.let me know.

AJTIII

swede, I'm in southwest Ohio and have a 925 head. I'd be interested in converting over to a full finger head seeing how we are going to pull the auger this summer to put new bearings in the drum for maintenance sake. Does this person do it himself or would they sell a "kit" with instructions. Any information would be appreciated. AJTIII

JoJoMac

AJTIII, Call Ag Machine Solutions (in Illinois) 217.971.6532 Joe