Who plants a tree....

strydeman

strydeman

Farm Hand
Give fools their gold, and knaves their power; let fortune's bubbles rise and fall; who sows a field, or trains a flower, or plants a tree, is more than all. - John Greenleaf Whittier

Farmer.jpg

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Ah, I really enjoyed that. Where do you find these bits of wisdom and jokes? Is there a book with this stuff in it? It would make a good Christmas gift.

strydeman

strydeman

Farm Hand
I got most from the 1989 edition of Webster's New World Best Book of Aphorisms. Back then the price was $3.09!!!!

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
I always plant trees whenever I get a chance to because they represent life, peace, growth, and nature. Munia Khan once said, "Trees exhale for us so that we can inhale them to stay alive. Can we ever forget that? Let us love trees with every breath we take until we perish."

strydeman

strydeman

Farm Hand
"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." ― Warren Buffett. ..

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
I got most from the 1989 edition of Webster's New World Best Book of Aphorisms. Back then the price was $3.09!!!!
Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. I just snagged two hardback copies on Amazon for $15 each. That's not too bad when you consider that it's a gift they'll each enjoy for years, and they are usually so hard to buy for. That's two people taken care of for Christmas.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
That’s great, I’m sure they will enjoy for years!!!
Yep! And the best part is that my wife was so impressed by my clever gift idea. She made my favorite meal and bragged on me to her sister. Naturally I didn't tell her that I got the idea here. She's very creative with her gifts and they're usually a big hit, whereas mine run more towards gift cards. They're useful, but hardly memorable or sentimental.