Work-life balance tough?

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Is it just me or does it feel incredibly tough to create work-life balance in this field? I try to find time for my kids and husband, but there's always something that needs doing around here. Do you manage it better?

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
But there's always something that needs doing around here.
I think that's true, even for a hobby farm. The key is prioritizing the things that must be done that day and the things that can wait a while. I struggle with this too, but I attend the events that are most important to my family. I also add quality family time to my to-do list. Uh, they don't exactly know that, which is probably for the best.

Jack L

Jack L

Farm Hand
Find things the kiddos can do to help. Nothing better than family time spent that way.

But I don't take on more that would impede on my downtime. I could give myself more acreage and more work, but I don't need to.

Andrew T

Andrew T

Farm Hand
I'm with you, Petal to the Metal, I have a hard time striking a good balance between the farm and family time. I do my best to make time for my wife and kids everyday, but sometimes it just seems like there is so much more to do than there is time to do it in.