Combines New 8010

cycl

Where are you locatedIJ Rumor has it that a few dealers in Ill and Ind. have 8010's that are not sold retail yet have been slotted to be built at the plant. like I said this is a rumor.

partsman

We still have 3 2005 new production 8010's available. Choose your heads all still available. Contact Michael Schmidt 217-648-2307 mschmidt@centralilag.com

Newguy

Not wanting a color war.....I would agree with you land surfer.....but only if your lexion dealer was good....we traded 470 for 575.....unlike what most guys hear...the per acre cost was about 1.00_acre more than our 2388 for new 2388...but the cat trade was for a larger machine......Anyway I would never want anyone to change colors unless they were very unhappy with a situation.....Or extremely curious.......I happen to be both. Good luck

land_Surfer

I accept the cost differences between two products when one is larger and more productive than the other. I will also pay more for the support provided by the dealer. I accept my Cat dealer's price premium because I get full value from both product and support, they go to far greater lengths to ensure customer satisfaction than my other dealers. I could immagine problems if the dealer isn't as upto speed as it should for support, but the lexion products are superior in productivity and grain quality.

FR

How many 8010s do you want new or used there out there I know of at least 2 dealers that have 8010s new and 4 dealers that have used.

land_Surfer

I have owned both red and green rotary combines, two of them at the same time. Over the past three years, the grain quality from the lexion has avg. higher than either of the other two brands. The reason I know this is on avg. 2_3 of my corn crop (2200 acres) is value added (white corn and other food grade or HOC),half my beans are seed beans and some of my wheat is seed wheat. I pay pretty close attention to how combines do in the field. The CIH was always for the corn. The ability to infinitely fine tune adjust a lexion twin rotary's threshing and separating independently and preseparate the easy to thresh _ very dry grain as soon as it exits the feederhouse into the threshing system lends an awful lot to the lexion's grain quality potential. There are also no auger beds in a lexion, which means you have just that much more damage potential eliminated from a lexion. I would have to say that if anyone is experiencing excessive grain damage on a lexion it is because they aren't setting it right.