Combines New 8010

farmert

I do beleive deere had far more problems with their STS than the 1460 or 8010 ever had. those 2388 that everybody loves are only that good because IH_CaseIH kept improving them but it's a 30+ yo design needs updated= 8010 or what comes after but they won't go back

bubs

My wife never said no but she also only flew with me two or three times over the ten years. I must say that the 400 hours I put on the plane were the most soothing hours I ever put on any piece of equipment. Take her for an adventure flight in a nice little 172 on a cool morning with the smooth wind whistling by and she might just get hooked on the deal. About 4K will get you a liscense and another 35K will get you a decent ride. I don't think I ever had a bad day after a plane ride. Good luck and be safe.

nebraska_farmer

why do you think that farmers have state of the art shops...with probably more tools and shop equipment than the dealers haveIJ cuz they have too!!

Wind

Is the presure holding on this oneIJ If I remember right, it never did from the start on the other. let us know how it comes along.

TwinSilvers

I wouldn't agree, FarmerTony. My neighbor had a "first year" 9750 and he had a few problems, but seldom was totally down. My uncle, on the other hand, had 2 and 3 day spells where he couldn't use his 1460. By my uncles own admission, there were many times during the first 2 years of 1460 ownership where he thought of trading for green, and Deere continually tempted him by giving him demo's every year.

THor

Glad to hear the combine is working well. Hopefully this one works better than the last.

lB

Go on the Deere site and see if there are any reports of problems.

farmboy

Are you talking Waterloo, IAIJIJ I'm just south of there and our neighbor has been running an 8010 and as far as I know it hasn't burned. It was running this weekend.

farmboy

Get a 2388 and let them get the bugs worked out of these babies! I have heard the same thing about the 8010's. I know our dealer has bought three of the incoming 8010's. I'm sure he would sale them to anyone who brings the check.

land_Surfer

You might consider a lexion if you have a Cat dealer in your area. I recently started pricing the new 500 models, to replace my 485R, and the pricing is very competitive and proprotional to the technology used on and comes standard with the lexion vs. other brands. I was a skeptic when I bought my first one and now understand the 1-3% (depending on the model) price premium, they will do 3-10% more than other comparatively sized brands.